Features and potential
The astrological program VegaSviri Horary for Windows 95/98/ME is designed for analyzing horary charts and providing their readings. This program is a part of the astrological research package developed by the Fund of Temporal Research, Analysis and Forecast. It has been designed with both amateur astrologers and professional researchers in mind. Nevertheless, it remains fully functional even if the basic VegaSviri program (Standard, Professional or Expert version) is not available. |
One of the best features of the VegaSviri programs is their user-friendly interface that saves on endless menu browsing and multiple button pushing.
The features of this program enable the user:
- 1. To build a horary horoscope for the period between 1000 BC and AD 3000 in an ecliptic or equatorial coordinate system, or geocentric or heliocentric reference frame;
- 2. To show planet coordinates and house cusps;
- 3. To show aspects between the planets, divided into applying and separating aspects, as a chart or a table;
- 4. To show, along with aspects, planet receptions;
- 5. To build diagrams of planetary motion within a sign, and diagrams of aspect dynamics from its occurrence until its disappearance;
- 6. To enter the querent's house using its number or a large list of relevant persons;
- 7. To enter the queren't house using the system of secondary houses;
- 8. To enter the house of the horary inquiry (quesited);
- 9. To edit and complete the list of frequent querents and inquiries;
- 10. On the basis of querent's houses and the quesited you have entered, the program calculates significators and shows their current state (aphetic places, position in a critical degree, combustion, and sign, terms, faces and degree rulers);
- 11. To adjust, i.e. remove or add significators;
- 12. To evaluate the following indications of a conclusion:
- significator aspects;
- favorable application of luminaries;
- transition of light;
- collection of light;
- rendition of light;
- besieged significators;
- New Moon (when the Sun and the Moon don't pose as main signifiactors)
- 13. To obtain a textual reading of a non-radical chart;
- 14. To obtain a textual reading of a conclusion;
- 15. To use either the traditional system of seven planets or modern planets for analyzing horary charts;
- 16. To interchange two planets in a reception position so that each planet is within its ruling sign and then evaluate possible conclusion.
- To take five term types into account:
- Equal to Magi Star,
- Equal to invisible planets.
- 17. To use 22 house systems;
- 18. To use 9 types of aspect connections between the planets (5 major and 4 minor aspects) and single planet aspectation, both in a natal and transit chart;
- 19. To change orbs of aspects on astrological charts;
- 20. To analyze conjunctions between planets and fixed stars, Arabic parts, midpoints, and position of planets in lunar stations;
- 21. To create Arabic parts using the Arabic parts editor, which considers planet positions, house cusps, house rulers (based on three systems of rulership calculation), day-time and night-time birth, and sex;
- 22. To adjust the chart display (circle size, planet size, circle colors, planet colors, element colors, solid or dashed aspect line, 0 Aries or Asc settings, clockwise or anti-clockwise planet motion);
- 23. To calculate lunar days for a month and planetary hours for a day;
- 24. To save horary charts in databases, which have a tree or hierarchical structure;
- 25. To print out the calculations from a user-friendly page designer and save them as a .BMP file for further use in a word-processing program.
Minimum configuration: Pentium processor, 16 Mb RAM, 5 Mb free disc space, CD-ROM, 800х600 resolution monitor.
To install the program on your hard drive, you will have to launch the setup.exe file from the installation CD and follow the setup procedure. After asking you to name the folder containing the program, setup will install all necessary components on your computer. Reboot your computer after finishing setup.
Please note: The users of any version of the VegaSviri basic program shall install VegaSviri Horary into the folder where the basic program is stored. This allows using the same color settings for both programs.
Once the program is launched, its main window appears on the screen. It provides access to the main menu, fast access buttons, information panel and two windows where you can select the house of the querent and the house of the question.
Placing the pointer at a chart item (a planet or a house cusp) calls up a help tag showing the ecliptic longitude of the given planet.
A click with the right mouse button opens an additional menu which allows you to build planet motion dynamics or make changes to the planet aspectation, e.g. display only the aspects of the selected planet.
The date of planet ingression into the current sign is shown in the bottom left corner. The date when the planet leaves the sign is shown in the bottom right corner. The green vertical line indicates the actual position of the planet.
To display the aspect table, select View>Aspects. On the right side of the horary chart you will see the list of aspects and their orbs.
A double click on any listed aspect displays the aspect dynamics.
Entering the querent's house
To enter the querent's house, use the Querent House window. Experienced astrologers may select the house directly from the list at the bottom of the window. If the querent asks a question about his own matters, he will be represented by Ascendant. If the question applies to his wife's or business partner's matters, secondary houses must be taken into consideration. The program does it automatically, when a person is selected from the second list. The houses in the list are given appropriate numbers.
The program allows you to use secondary houses on two levels, e.g. ask a question about your boss's wife's matters. For this purpose, you have to use the third list.|
The respective house will be re-calculated and displayed as the first house. The house wheel remains unchanged. Only the house numbers change.
If you cannot find your topic in the list, you can proceed by two different methods:
- 1) Add the topic to the list using Service>Preferences. In the window select the Topics tab and complete the list. The topic you have entered will be saved for the further use by the program.
- 2) Enter the house number into the bottom list of the Querent's House window.
How to select the house of the question?
Use the Question House window to enter the querent's house. Experienced astrologers may select the appropriate house directly from the bottom list. If you don[t know which house stands for this particular question try to locate it on the question list.
If you cannot find it on the list, press Details and find out how the questions for each house are generated.
After the house of question is selected, the program shows the list of significators in the significator window. |
This window allows you not only to select the significators but also to learn about each of them by a mouse click.
Please note: The choice of the significators is influenced by many factors.
The first is how the house ruler is calculated. The calculation method can be entered under House Rulers tab in the Preferences menu.
When the calculation of rulers is determined by "the sign on the house cusp", the program regards the house ruler as the ruler of the sign on the cusp.
If the ruler calculation considers the "sign length", the program determines the sign on the cusp and compares the house length with the sign on the cusp and the succedent sign. Angular houses will be ruled by the sign on the cusp. In regard to succedent and cadent houses, the program will compare the house length with each sign. If the house length of the second sign is twice as big as the length of the house pertaining to the sign on the cusp, the ruler of the second sign shall be chosen as the general ruler.
If the ruler calculation is determined by "degree ruler", the planet with the highest essential dignity within a particular degree is regarded as degree ruler. In this way some degrees in Capricorn will be ruled by Mars instead of Saturn as it is exalted in its term.
The second factor which influences the choice of the ruler is connected with modern planets. If the settings under Terms, Faces and Degrees tab in the Preferences window allow taking them into consideration, the program may regard the modern planets as rulers, too, and they can pose as significators.
Due to this feature, your approach to the ruler formation can be flexible. Nevertheless, after the significators are calculated, you may make your own corrections using Delete and Add buttons.
After you balanced the rulers and pressed Enter, the program calculates whether the chart is radical and shows the result in a window. By pressing Details you may obtain additional comments about the radical character.
If the chart is deemed radical, you may start with the evaluation of the outcome.
How to calculate indications of a possible outcome?
To calculate the outcome, select Outcome Indicators in the Analysis menu or press the appropriate fast access button. If the chart contains indicators of a positive or negative outcome, a new window will pop up.
In this window you can click on any indicator for obtaining detailed information.
If both positive and negative indicators are displayed, it is the astrologer's duty to make the final judgment.
Local Space chart
Using local space chart it`s possible to find different locations and directions.
1) Will I succeed in selling my house?
The client who asked this question bought the house in a village quite far from Moscow. He liked the location a lot. After a while the ownership became a burden, though. When he decided to sell, he found out that a property located that far from the metropolis (250 km) is in low demand, as enough relatively new houses were offered much closer. In addition, his house required a renovation.
Start the program and enter the date of the question (January 17, 1997, 2.25 pm, Moscow) in the Data Entry window.
As the client asked the question himself, the house No 1 will be the querent's house.
To determine the house of the question, open the top list in the Question House window and select 'house' or 'property'. Next list will automatically switch to the house No 4. The window containing significators will pop up on the screen. The Moon will be the querent's significator and rule the house No 1. The Sun will rule the house No 4 and be the significator of the question. Click on each significator to view their state.
The Moon is exalted yet located in the cadent house 12. The Moon has its strength from the sign, which means that the querent's positions are strong and he may expect to get the right price for his house. In addition, the Moon in the 12th house indicates that the querent is not sure of the positive outcome. The fact that the buyer is not yet present is confirmed by the position of Saturn (ruler of the 7th house) in Aries, its cadent sign.
The Sun, the question significator, is in Capricorn in the 8th house. The Sun is peregrine, i.e. has no essential dignities, which confirms what the querent says about the house being not very attractive. The positioning in the 8th house tells that the renovation is due indeed.
As you can see, the chart matches the question and is radical. Let's start with the outcome evaluation.
Among the outcome indicators there is a beneficial application of luminaries which, on top of this, are main significators. Many astrologers believe that it is the strongest indication of a positive outcome.
Both the Sun and the Moon are not in angular houses. That means that the conclusion will take a while. The querent managed to sell off the house quite easily. He posted an ad in a newspaper and the very first caller bought the house, though it is true that he posted the ad only in the next spring when the houses usually are in bigger demand.
2) Will N become the Chairman of a certain sport federation?
The question was asked by a person who stood in no direct relationship, as a family member or a work mate, to N. Yet, should the outcome be positive, he could expect a certain cooperation to emerge. The question was asked in the eve of the election. The former Chairman was involved in many scandals, and it seemed that he could be dethroned without much hassle.
The inquiry was listed on April 18, 2001 at 3.28 pm (summer time). The question addresses matters of a third person, so the appropriate line has to be selected. The program establishes that the house 7 represents the querent's house, as shown on the picture.
The question adressess careeer and can be selected from the list of possible questions. The reshuffled chart will show House 10 as the house of the question.
Let's have a look at significators the program has calculated.
The querent's significator is Jupiter. The co-significator is Moon. The query signiificator is Mars.
Jupiter as querent's significators describes N as a well-established and wealthy person. Yet the Jupiter is retreating. Its power is in decline, so is N's career. Indeed, he recently had been fired from an influential position and was looking for a new job. The Moon is in the 12th house, which reflects insecurity and doubts on a positive outcome. His opponent's symbol is the Mercury, ruler of the 7th house. Mercury combust the Sun which confirms that his actual standings are shaky. The chart is radical, fits the question, and can be used for obtaining a reading.
When we start the search for indicators of a positive outcome, the program answers: "No signs of positive outcome have been found" meaning that N's wish is not going to come true.
N was not elected and the former Chairman could keep his position.
We`re looking forward to hear from you. If you have something to say, please, don`t hasitate to contact us on email@example.com